About Me

I'm an easy going and adventurous gal who can't believe I'm only a year away from turning 40. In an effort to be in the best shape of my life when I turn 40, I've decided to complete a Half Ironman Triathlon, write a blog to keep me focused, and celebrate my birthday by hiking the Inca trail to Macchu Picchu.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Consistency leads to Success

I've been working towards getting into the best shape of my life for 23 weeks now.  I've run and biked 1171miles and I've lost 17 pounds.  I've been exercising more and have learned some tricks for eating healthier.  I'm proud of what I've accomplished.  But I've lost less than 1 pound per week.  The truth is I have probably lost more than 17 pounds, but I have lost and gained the same pounds over and over.  I have had weeks of healthy eating and working out followed by weeks of lying on the couch and eating fast food.  If I had been consistent, I could have lost up to 46 pounds.  I can't undo the past 23 weeks, but I can make the right decisions day in and day out for the next 23 weeks. 


2 comments:

  1. Forget what lies behind and strain toward what lies ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. 17 pounds is 17 pounds. Nothing to sneeze at! And, btw, I have FOUND your 17 pounds. Want it back? LOL

    ReplyDelete