About Me

I'm an easy going and adventurous gal who can't believe I'm only a year away from turning 40. In an effort to be in the best shape of my life when I turn 40, I've decided to complete a Half Ironman Triathlon, write a blog to keep me focused, and celebrate my birthday by hiking the Inca trail to Macchu Picchu.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Where does the time go?

I've been spending a ton of time on my bike lately to prepare for my up coming rides (MS 150  and Bike Out Hunger).  The past two weekends I have spent almost 10 hours on my bike each weekend.  And that's just the time I spent on my bike - that doesn't include the time spent getting all my gear together or putting it away or napping and eating afterwards to recover.  The bottom line is that most of my free time lately has been focussed on biking.  And it has caused me to reflect on how I'm spending my time.  Sure I am spending alot of time on my bike, but I am also reaping many benefits:

  • I feel better because I am exercising regularly
  • I'm soaking up the Vitamin D and enjoying some great spring weather
  • I've enjoyed and have almost covered the entirety of the trinity trail system 
  • I am a part of something bigger then myself - the chance to commit with others to ride and raise money for great causes
  • I am making progress towards my larger goal - to be in the best shape of my life when I turn 40
So, I think this has been a good use of my time and given the choice, I would do it again!  Now, I need to consider all the ways I spend my time when I'm not biking.  Am I being a good steward of the days the Lord has blessed me with?
If we would only give the same amount of reflection to what we want out of life that we give to the question of what to do with two weeks’ vacation, we would be startled at our false standards and the aimless procession of our busy days.” 
— Dorothy Canfield Fisher 

 

2 comments:

  1. Great way to keep perspective and assess your long term goals in view of how you're accomplishing short term ones! Keep pressing on!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete