About Me

I'm an easy going and adventurous gal who can't believe I'm only a year away from turning 40. In an effort to be in the best shape of my life when I turn 40, I've decided to complete a Half Ironman Triathlon, write a blog to keep me focused, and celebrate my birthday by hiking the Inca trail to Macchu Picchu.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Rough Start

I had hoped that starting this blog would give me extra motivation for at least a week or two.  And in some ways it did.  But this past week has been extrememly busy and I have had work or other activities 4 of the 5 week night evenings.  Somehow, beginning the blog just didn't give me enough motivation to get out of my warm bed before sunrise.  I signed up to train with a training group, Trident Sports Fort Worth, and my coach emailed the following training plan:

Mon Weights
Tues swim 45 min. Run 30 min
Wed bike 60 min or spin class
Thur swim 45 min run 45 min
Fri bike 60 min
Sat swim 1 hour. Brick bike 1 hour. Run 15 min
Sun bike 1:30

So far this week I have run 30 min and biked for 40 minutes.  Oops.  Rough start.  But its a beautiful day in Fort Worth and I'm off for a bike ride and run!  And hopefully next week will be better.

 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Man, that's a super ambitious training schedule the coach gave you! I wouldn't be too hard on yourself for not keeping to daily workouts, especially not right off the bat. I wrote up a little training plan for myself for the Badger Mountain Challenge in March, and I figure I'll be doing good with 3-4 workouts per week. Unless you have no other life or are independently wealthy and can devote yourself to full-time exercise, what else can you do?

    Keep at it, Jen, you've got time to work up to the schedule you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT IS a uphill battle trying to get out of a warm bed before sunrise in the winter. My norm is to workout at the gym before going to work which mean be up by 5:50am (the latest); get a bite and QT in. Some people get up earlier but it's the best I can do. I got your link from RH's blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, so much for the nice weather THIS week, huh? So, maybe you could do what I do and get up and do a little at-home workout. I usually combine either floor/weight or a dvd workout for about 30 minutes with 30 minutes on either the stationery bike or treadmill. It's not always easy to get up, but once you get in the routine, it's much easier, and you'll feel better for it. Don't push yourself too hard in the beginning, but work up to the time and intensity. You can do it. (BTW - anytime you want a last minute walking [not running] partner in the evening, give me a call.)

    ReplyDelete